Wednesday, March 01, 2006, 6:11 PM // 1 comments

Setting up a Verizon POP3 email account

My friend Wendi called me today about setting up her Verizon POP3 email account. To my surprise I was unable to quickly find any information about setting up a Verizon email account using Google. I ultimately did but the search took awhile. Hopefully, Google will index this entry and people will be able to find these instructions easier than I did.

Setting up your Verizon Online email with Outlook® 98/2000

1. Open Outlook.
2. From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
3. Select Add, then Mail.
4. Type your full name in the Display name field, then select Next.
5. Type your email address, then select Next.
6. From the My Incoming mail server is a drop-down menu, select POP3.
7. Fill in the server information:
* In the Incoming mail (POP3) field, type incoming.verizon.net.
* In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field, type outgoing.verizon.net.
8. Select Next, then type your Account name (your Verizon Online user name).
9. Type your password, and check the Remember password checkbox.
10. Select Next.
11. Select Connect using my local area network (LAN).
12. Select Next, then Finish.
13. Highlight the Verizon Online email account name and click Properties.
14. Click the Servers tab and in the Outgoing Mail Server area, check the My server requires authentication checkbox.
15. Click Settings to verify that Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected and then click OK.
16. In the Properties dialog box, click OK.
17. Click Close to close the Internet Accounts dialog box.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

verizon is #1....

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Paul Altobelli

Paul Altobelli is a veteran Internet, marketing and technology professional with considerable expertise in search engine marketing, web site development, design, implementation and project management. [more]

Flickr Photos