Monday, August 17, 2009, 9:45 PM // 0 comments

Rock Show's I've Seen Over the Years

I've seen a lot of FaceBook people listing their concerts over the last few days and I'd thought I'd share mine too. The above Don Henley concert was a show Jeff Haessler I saw 24 years ago today. As you might guess, it was boring as hell. I would rather go to a dentist than see another Don Henley show.

Most of the concerts I saw took took place at the Philadelphia Spectrum. I saw so many concerts there and I'm just elated to be going to the Spectrum's final curtain call with Pearl Jam in October.

My favorite venue to see a show, however, is The Tower Theatre. Some of my favorite shows there include David Gilmour in 1984; The Rolling Stones in 2002; Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend, Lou Reed, Tangerine Dream, The Kinks, CSN (acoustic) and just recently I saw Eddie Vedder with Steve Oakley.

My favorite concert of all time, however, was Live Aid. Chris DeFranco, Jay Friel and I sat in 90+ degree temperatures that day soaking in the sun and tunes. Stupid me, I wore jeans and at one point I tried to use a pen to rip a hole in them so that I could make shorts. I was unsuccessful. So, as I sat and listened to the music I watched the shade move across the stadium towards me. Just about the time we were finally sitting in shade Led Zeppelin took the stage. Stairway to Heaven never sounded cooler.

Below represents most of the shows I've seen. The * represents artists I've seen multiple times. The + classifies this artist as an opening act.

To see my ticket stubs and set-lists visit http://budurl.com/concerts

A Flock of Seagulls
AC/DC
Aerosmith*
Alice in Chains+
Amnesty International
Anvil+
BB King
Billy Joel
Billy Squire+
Black Crowes
Blue Oyster Cult+
Blues Traveler+
Bo Diddley+
Bonnie Raitt
Bob Dylan
Bob Seger
Bruce Springsteen*
BTO+
Cars
Cheap Trick
Cinderella+
Clash+
Coors+
Crosby, Stills & Nash*
Dave Edmunds
David Bowie*
David Gilmour
David Lee Roth
Deep Purple*
Def Leppard
Del Fuegos+
Disposable Hero's+
Don Henley
Eddie Vedder
Ellen Foley+
Elton John
ELO
El Vez
Elvis Costello
Eric Clapton*
Firm
Foreigner*
Frank Sinatra (w/Sammy Davis Jr. and Liza)
Frank Zappa
Genesis*
George Thorogood*
Georgia Satellites
Gomez
Grateful Dead*
Guns & Roses+
Huey Lewis+
Icicle Works+
Iggy Pop+
INXS
James Taylor
Janet Jackson
Jeff Beck
Jimmy Cliff+
Joan Jett & Blackhearts*
Joe Cocker
John Cougar Mellencamp
John Lee Hooker+
Journey*
Katrina & Waves+
Keith Richards*
Kinks*
Live Aid
Living Colour+
Lone Justice+
Lou Reed*
Loverboy+
Lyle Lovett+
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Madness+
Madonna
Monsters of Rock Festival
Motels+
Nick Lowe (w/Paul Carrack)+
Nona Hendryx+
Outlaws+
Paul McCartney*
Paul Young+
Pearl Jam*
Pete Townshend*
Peter Gabriel*
Pink Floyd*
Police
Pretenders*
Primus+
Prince*
Ramones+
Ray Davies
Red Ryder+
REM+
Ringo Starr
Robert Cray
Robert Palmer
Robert Plant*
Rod Stewart*
Roger Daltrey*
Roger Waters*
Rolling Stones*
Rush
Santana
Smithereens+
Soul Asylum+
Squeeze*
Stanley Jordan+
Steve Miller
Steve Winwood
Stevie Ray Vaughn*
Stevie Wonder
Styx
Supertramp
Tangerine Dream
Ted Nugent+
Tom Petty & Heartbreakers
U2*
UFO+
Van Hagar*
Van Halen
Who*
Wynton Marsalis
Yes*
ZZ Top

Genesis, Duke Tour was the first show I ever saw. I saw them with Tom Hartman and Ronnie Hooker. Hard to believe that was 29 years ago.

Rolling Stones, Tower, 2002 (with Rich Masterson)

Rolling Stones, JFK Stadium, 1981 (with Jeff Haessler)

Labels: , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Paul Altobelli

Paul Altobelli is a veteran Internet, marketing and technology professional with considerable expertise in search engine marketing, web site development, design, implementation and project management. [more]

Flickr Photos