Saturday, December 31, 2005, 11:54 AM // 1 comments

A Note to Self: 2006 Goals

I refuse to call the following "resolutions." I've been making New Year's resolutions for years and have never, ever kept one. Have you? So, what follows are my 2006 goals I wish to accomplish by before 2007.

My 2006 Goals - In No Particular Order

  • By year's end I will live in a home with an updated foyer, stair rail, and living room. The first room I work on, however, will be my son Michael's room. At this time he doesn't even have closet doors.

  • By the end of 2006 I weigh 190 lbs. As of this writing I'm checking in at 203. That's 13 pounds. Not that difficult. I just need to stay away from late night snacks and cut down on McDonalds, pizza, and all the other crap I eat. 2006 will be the year of the "I'll have a salad please."

  • By the end of 2006 I watch less television and read more books. I tend to fall asleep the moment I start reading. That might have something to do with the fact that I read in bed--after watching TV and a long day. In 2006 I'll find a quiet place to sit and read.

  • As of December 31, 2006 I will be recognized by my peers as an expert in internet marketing. I'll accomplish this goal by sharpening my focus--keeping up with the latest news, taking any online seminars or classes applicable to internet marketing, experimenting more via this website, and providing regular detailed reports displaying the progress of the projects I am working on.

  • By year's end I will focus my energy on work during the week so that I can spend more quality time with my children. I'll admit it. I don't "play' enough with kids. One day they'll be gone and I'll regret that I did not spend enough time with them.

  • In 2006 I will give my wife the respect she deserves every day and not take her for granted. Think about it: What is life without my wife? I want to put the magic back into her life and forget my minor troubles and strife. For what is a wife without a life.

  • I have temper. Always have. At times I'm able to keep it in check. Sadly, that has not been the case of late. By year's end I will learn to control my temper by not trying to change a situation or a person to my liking. I will accept the situation or person as they're are. By doing so, my life will be a little calmer.

  • I need to reach out to my loved ones on a regular basis. My great-grandmother is 103 and her daughter is 83. I don't talk to these ladies enough. In the year 2006 I will call Little Gram and Big Gram at least twice a month.

  • I really love to cook. That said, I don't do it enough and I tend to cook the same meals over and over. In 2006 I will cook at least one meal a week. This will force me to try new recipes and allow me to give my wife a night off.

As we move through the new year I will perodically revisit this list and detail my progress.

Paul Altobelli
December 31, 2005

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to comment on a few:
1. only 13 lbs????
2. you've always loved the boob tube. i hope you keep this one.
3. you're a good man recognizing the fact that you need to spend more quality time with the family.
4. Bon Apetite!
You're Good Friend

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Paul Altobelli

Paul Altobelli is a veteran Internet, marketing and technology professional with considerable expertise in search engine marketing, web site development, design, implementation and project management. [more]

Flickr Photos