What is Mesothelioma / Asbestos Cancer?
Definitions of Mesothelioma / Asbestos Cancer:
- A benign (noncancerous) or malignant (cancerous) tumor affecting the lining of the chest or abdomen. Exposure to asbestos particles in the air increases the risk of developing malignant mesothelioma.
- Malignant tumor of the mesothelium caused by exposure to asbestos fibers.
- A tumor of the mesothelium, that can be benign (localized) or malignant (diffusely spread), and that is most commonly caused by the ingestion of asbestos particles.
- A rare form of lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. Mesothelioma affects the pleura of the lungs, often over a period of many years. - www.lungcancerfyi.com/lung_cancer_glossary.html
- A rare cancer, usually found in those exposed to asbestos, in the form of a malignant tumor in the mesothelium of the lungs and or abdomen. Symptoms of this incurable disease are persistent coughing or coughing of blood, chest or abdomen pain, fatigue, and weight loss. - www.mesotheliomafyi.com/glossary.html
- (mez-uh-thee-lee-YOH-muh) — A tumor in the lining of the chest or abdomen (stomach area).
- A type of lung cancer that is closely associated with a history of asbestos exposure. - www.mountvernoncancernetwork.nhs.uk/glossary/m.htm
- Type of cancer associated with exposure to asbestos - www.chemi-tek.com/dic_lista.asp
- a cancerous tumor occurring in the lining of the lungs and chest cavity, often associated with exposure to asbestos dust - www.american-depot.com/services/resources_gl_m.asp
- A cancer of cells similar to those forming the lining of the lungs, heart, the abdominal cavity and its organs.
- a rare form of carcinoma of the mesothelium lining lungs or abdomen or heart; usually associated with exposure to asbestos dust - wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn