Sunday, March 04, 2007, 7:18 PM // 0 comments

Belushi - 25 Years After His Death

I first heard John Belushi died while standing in my kitchen listening to the radio. I immediately sat down as if in a state of shock thinking "how can this be?". At the time, I thought Belushi was the funniest man on the planet. HE WAS Saturday Night Live. He was also Joe Cocker, Captain Kirk, Ray Charles, Elizabeth Taylor, Henry Kissinger, Ludwig van Beethoven, Marlon Brando, and Truman Capote. He was Samurai General Practitioner and Mr. Pepsi no Coke. He was Bluto and Jake Blues. At that time in my life John Belushi was comedy.

Now, 25 years after his death, I think about what might a clean Belushi have gone on to do? His career could have paralleled that of Bill Murray, his former Saturday Night Live not ready for prime time player who traveled from Caddyshack to a 2004 Oscar nomination for Lost in Translation. I think John Belushi could have done anything.

Here's a few of my favorite Belushi moments.










Labels: , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Paul Altobelli

Paul Altobelli is a veteran Internet, marketing and technology professional with considerable expertise in search engine marketing, web site development, design, implementation and project management. [more]

Flickr Photos