Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 9:09 PM // 0 comments

"...the greatest love post of the last fifty years?"

Thinking of Lisa


Lisa and Paul AltobelliLast year I submitted a post about what Frank Sinatra called the "greatest love song of the last fifty years." The song, of course, was George Harrison's "Something." It's a beautiful song written for his love, Patti Boyd Harrison, yet not one of my favorites. When I decided to write this post I thought about what I considered my favorite love song. Immediately I thought of the Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell Motown classic "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." I thought a little more and came up with the song my Lisa and I danced to at our wedding, Elvis Presley's "I Love You Because." Then I remembered "(We're Not) The Jet Set" by John Prine and Iris DeMent. I like their cover much more than the George Jones / Tammy Wynette original. And speaking of covers -- I LOVE Aimee Mann & Michael Penn's version of "Two of Us."

So, much in the way George Harrison thought about his wife to write "Something" I'm thinking about my wife as I write this post. Happy Valentine's Day Lisa. I love you.

Listen / Download:
Marvin & Tammi - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Elvis Presley - I Love You Because
John and Iris - (We're Not) The Jet Set
Aimee and Michael - Two of Us

Labels: , , , , ,

Blink It

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Paul Altobelli

Paul Altobelli is a veteran Internet, marketing and technology professional with considerable expertise in search engine marketing, web site development, design, implementation and project management. [more]

Flickr Photos