Top Five Records: Great Song Intros
- Hell's Bells - AC/DC - Can you think of any other song intro that is as cool as this one? Really. Even today, almost thirty years later, this song intro still gives me goosebumps.
- Baba O'Riley - The Who - One of the great all-time song intros. I think I like the intro more that the song.
- Voodoo Child (Slight Return) - Jimi Hendrix - For me, this song (more so than Purple Haze) defines the essence of Hendrix's soul. It combines rock and blues and throws in the Wah Wah intro for extra spice.
- Money, Time - Pink Floyd - These two intros were actually assembled and engineered by Alan Parsons. Yes, that Alan Parsons.
- Eruption into You Really Got Me - Van Halen - These two songs - and especially the transition from Eruption into You Really Got Me - have probably accounted for more kids picking up the guitar than any others in the history of rock.
- What I'd Say - Ray Charles
- Am Trying to Break Your Heart - Wilco
- Welcome to the Jungle" Guns'n'Roses
- Tomorrow Never Knows - Beatles
- Monkey Man - Rolling Stones
I think Al Green is great. I love his music. Many of his songs, however, start wimpy and end incredibly strong including: Love And Happiness and Beware.