Saturday, August 22, 2009, 4:49 PM // 0 comments

I Ain't Hiding from the Black Crowes No More

I like the Black Crowes. I have since I first time I heard "Jealous Again" almost 20 years ago. Their music is very similar to that of the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, and The Faces -- gritty, funky, raw, with a dash of southern charm and dirty bong water.

Last year, after a lengthy hiatus, the Black Crowes released Warpaint. What a disappointment. I said, to myself, why did they release this? I wanted this "comeback" album to be so good and it was so boring. It was after my third or fourth listen that I decided that the Black Crowes were dead to me and nothing could bring me back.

Yesterday, I listened to their new single, "I Ain't Hiding." At first listen, I was like, "what the hell is this? Are you kidding me?" I bet I had the same reaction to this song as I did the first time I heard "Emotional Rescue" from the Stones. But there was something "cool" about this record and I listened to it again. And again. And again. Twenty-four hours later I've listened to this song about 15 times. I can't get enough of it. Like "Emotional Rescue" it's got a disco-like groove but its a lot more funky. There's even some "oooh oooh" background vocals, a little wah wah and the guitar solo? Forget about it. Its excellent.

If you get chance and you a have a few minutes to listen to this song a few times in a row I promise you won't regret it.

Welcome back Black Crowes. I missed you.

Listen / Download:
I Ain't Hiding - The Black Crowes
Emotional Rescue - The Rolling Stones

Labels: , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Paul Altobelli

Paul Altobelli is a veteran Internet, marketing and technology professional with considerable expertise in search engine marketing, web site development, design, implementation and project management. [more]

Flickr Photos