Thursday, June 30, 2005, 8:48 AM // 2 comments

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...


...and then other times its nauseating experience that leads to vomiting.

For Fathers Day my step-father, Hot Rockin' Bobster, gave me a beautiful leather cigar case complete with a cutter and three cigars - two of which were Cuban Montecristos. In my opinion, cigars are not meant to be smoked - they're meant to be enjoyed. One must give themselves time to enjoy the cigar while one smokes it. They're not like cigarettes where one can smoke wherever and whenever. That said, I always wait until the right moment to break out my cigars. Last night was one of those times.

I decided to my Montecristo while cutting the grass. I must say it was an enjoyable smoke. The cigar lasted the entire time I was cutting. Then after I was done the lawn I sat at our patio and finished the smoke. It was a good cigar.

Twenty minutes later I'm takng a shower and this feeling of nausea hits me. I know this feeling. It sometimes happens after I smoke cuban cigars. It doesn't happen all the time and I don't know why it happens either. Having felt this feeling before (following smoking a cigar) I knew what was going to happen. I was going to vomit. And that's exactly what I did.

Maybe it wasn't such a good cigar afterall.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...i hate it when that happens...

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was walking around campus, smoking cheap cigars and thinking about my life.

Now I'm in my dormroom, and I feel physically ill.

So I typed "Cigar vomit" into google and got your blog.

Nice story. I can relate.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Paul Altobelli

Paul Altobelli is a veteran Internet, marketing and technology professional with considerable expertise in search engine marketing, web site development, design, implementation and project management. [more]

Flickr Photos