In no particular order...
- Miles Davis - Kind of Blue? More like Kind of Blows.
- Janis Joplin - I'll listen to "Turtle Blues" and "Summertime." Everything else makes me want to overdose on heroin.
- REM - Shiny Happy Bullshit if you ask me.
- Live Led Zeppelin - A 25 minute guitar solo followed be a 25 minute drum solo followed by a 25 minute mellotron solo. Musical masturbation at its very best.
- Billie Holiday - Every time I hear her sing I'm compelled to eat strange fruit.
- Garth Brooks - I've said it before and I'll say it again: Guys wearing really big hats cannot be taken seriously.
- Solo John Lennon - The majority of the "serious Beatle's" solo work was seriously boring.
- Bob Marley - Somebody please tell me what type of ganja to smoke because I just don't understand the fascination with his music.
- The Jam - My disdain for this band harks back to my friendship with Tom Hartman. Whatever Tom liked I hated just to piss him off. That said, I can't listen to this band without thinking of my hatred for "Tom" music.
- About 95% of all the music recorded in the 1980's - Come on, I know I'm not alone with this one.
Special thanks to Beth Mann
for the blog inspiration and title. Thanks Mann.
Labels: Beth Mann, Tom Hartman