Monday, August 29, 2005, 11:48 AM // 5 comments

Tinfoil Boats

Rachel Altobell and her daddy
contributed by my daughter, Rachel Altobell

One afternoon it started to rain real hard. Our sunny day at the beach was ruined. My cousins and I were so bored. We didn't know what to do. All we could think about was when it was going to stop raining so we could go swimming again. My mother's brother, Uncle Ritchie, noticed we were unhappy and bored. He gathered all us kids into the kitchen and we sat at the table. Tinfoil, glue, and tape sat in front of us. My Uncle Ritchie, the engineer, explained that there were huge puddles outside and he thought we should make boats out of the tinfoil and have races.

It took forever to make the boats. I actually had to rebuild my boat a few times. When the rain finally stopped right around the time we finished our boats. I must say I thought everyone's boat was impressive. After we showed off our vessels to the family we went and changed into our bathing suites and flip-flops.

We went outside and looked for the biggest puddles. They were not hard to find. We placed our boats in the water and lo and behold they floated! We were so excited however, every few minutes we needed to empty out all the water that collected in our boats.

We soon got bored with the puddles and Uncle Ritchie suggested we take a walk to the beach. We decided that was a good idea so we made our way to the beach. The waves were so big. We walked over the jetties and Doug made the first move with a big splash. Jessie and I decided that was a good idea. So, the three of us splashed around while Becca and Lissa stayed watched from a distance.

Later we met up with Mommy and our dog Chloe. We stayed on the beach until it started to get dark. Then we made our way back to the house wet and cold because we did not have towels.

I'll always remember that day and how it all stated with tinfoil boats.

Labels:


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it, too!! What a pretty girl and a wonderful author!
Daddy, you need to clean up some typos!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this could be the next Mary Higgins Clark...

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Paul,
I borrowed your picture- "the frog". I hope your won't be bad.
Ps. Where from are you taking yours photos?If you can tell me it!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sux

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Paul Altobelli

Paul Altobelli is a veteran Internet, marketing and technology professional with considerable expertise in search engine marketing, web site development, design, implementation and project management. [more]

Flickr Photos