Friday, September 07, 2007, 8:31 PM // 0 comments

'We're gonna hear Radames croak in a tomb"

As a follow-up to yesterday's post about my father's love of opera I give you my brother's email:

This is a message he left for me after he listened to a cassette of La Boheme that I made for him. He was mourning the death of the character Mimi at the conclusion, and in typical Dad fashion, refers to her as a living person. (I didn't know what the f' he was talking about at first and was really worried.) It sounds to me like he had been crying.

Then, he refers to Radames from Aida, another opera I gave him. He also dies at the end of the opera ("we're gonna hear Radames croak in a tomb").


Listen / Download:
Pop's Opera Phone Message (fall, 1991) - Don Altobell

Labels: , ,

Blink It

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Paul Altobelli

Paul Altobelli is a veteran Internet, marketing and technology professional with considerable expertise in search engine marketing, web site development, design, implementation and project management. [more]

Flickr Photos