Monday, April 14, 2008, 7:55 PM // 1 comments

India: Day 2

Pindar Magnum Studio

It's really hard for me to put into words my first impressions of Bangalore. My first impressions were a combination of good and bad so I want to make sure I convey my initial observations carefully as to not to offend. So, for this post, I'm going to concentrate on the Pindar Magnum Studio - the office, the employees, and the dancing.

The Pindar Magnum Studio is seven floors up and overlooks Bangalore. From almost every window one has a view of "The Garden City of India." Bangalore is called the 'Garden City', because it is supposed to be greener than most other Indian cities. As you can see from the picture on the right it ain't that green anymore. I think Bangalore should change its moniker to "the City Under a Constant State of Construction." But I digress.

The office is 40,000 square feet in size and can accommodate upwards to 700 employees. They certainly don't have the space issues we have at KoP. Pindar moved into to this two year old building a little less than a year ago. The single floor office features an open space that provides a clear view of the operations. There's two training rooms, two cafeterias, and a soon to be unveiled recreation room. Working out of the KoP office I have to admit I'm jealous.

I found my fellow Pindar colleagues to be professional, gracious, and attentive to our needs. Everyone I met greeted us with smiles and an eagerness to share ideas and gage in conversation. I'm proud to say I work with these people.

At the end of the day Frank and I we were treated to dancing. Now, I'd love to say this show was presented on our behalf but in actuality it was a "try out" for the June rally. For the last few years the Bangalore and Hyderabad studios have presented variety shows or as they are called "rallies." It's a big deal and Pindar and YB managers fly in to see the entertainment. Frank and I were lucky enough to be there on the first day of competition.



At one point yesterday I came to the realization
that there is not one blond that works for Pindar Magnum.



This is the of the training rooms.



The dance competition judges.
Is that Paula on the left?

This would have been a bad time to find out
that Pindar Magnum does not like Americans.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So interesting. Love the dancers.
Seems like you are having a wonderful experience.
How's the food?
How hot is it there?
Hope your are taking lots of photos.
Love Mom

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Paul Altobelli

Paul Altobelli is a veteran Internet, marketing and technology professional with considerable expertise in search engine marketing, web site development, design, implementation and project management. [more]

Flickr Photos