Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 8:45 AM // 0 comments

The Man On Top of Marilyn Monroe

A party from Japan withdraws a $4.6-million bid on EBay to take Richard Poncher's spot at Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park, directly above Marilyn Monroe. Other top bidders have 24 hours to submit new offers.

There's a great story about Richard "Freddie" Poncher was entombed face down per his dying request. According to a recent Los Angeles times article, Poncher's wife, Elsie, said that when her husband was dying, he made a request. "He said, 'If I croak, if you don't put me upside down over Marilyn, I'll haunt you the rest of my life.' "

After the funeral, Poncher said, she conveyed her husband's wish to the funeral director. "I was standing right there, and he turned him over," she said.

I wonder if the "lucky" person who is ultimately entombed will also follow Poncher's lead?

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Paul Altobelli

Paul Altobelli is a veteran Internet, marketing and technology professional with considerable expertise in search engine marketing, web site development, design, implementation and project management. [more]

Flickr Photos