Wednesday, April 05, 2006, 10:22 PM // 2 comments

Chocolate Jesus

Today my wife came home with an Easter picture of my two sons. The moment I saw the picture I remembered something I heard the late great Bill Hicks once say:

I've been travelling a lot lately. I was over in Australia during Easter. It was interesting to note that they celebrate Easter the same way as we do - commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus by telling our children a giant bunny rabbit left chocolate eggs in the night.

I wonder why we're so messed up as a race? You know, I've read the Bible - can't find the words "bunny" or "chocolate" in the whole book.


Easter 2006 - Michael and Joseph Altobelli

The Onion - Easter JesusThe Onion - Easter Bunny
The Onion - Easter Duck


Listen / Download: Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus

Labels: , ,


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point, although, illustrated somewhat blasphemously.

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Jesus would laugh...
Just ask yourself....
WWJD...for a Klondike Br

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Paul Altobelli

Paul Altobelli is a veteran Internet, marketing and technology professional with considerable expertise in search engine marketing, web site development, design, implementation and project management. [more]

Flickr Photos